Winter is coming. It’s undeniable that temperatures are dropping outside and the idea of cozying up by the fire (or in the infrared sauna) sounds ideal for the foreseeable future.
Before you go into full hibernation mode, consider that one of the most effective ways to stay healthy, up your energy levels and boost your metabolism during the colder months is through Cryotherapy. Whole body cryotherapy in the winter can benefit the body in multiple unexpected ways. If you can’t beat the cold, join it.
Read on for the top 5 reasons we choose cryotherapy in the winter:
1. To Increase our energy levels: we admit that the colder weather leaves us feeling less motivated to get moving. Our solution is a 3-minute arctic blast that immediately gives us the jolt we need to get our day in gear.
2. To speed up our metabolisms: the winter holidays are a time to enjoy ourselves without guilt, but too much indulging coupled with less activity can result in an overall sluggish feeling. Whole body cryotherapy helps to boost our metabolisms, burn calories and reduce the toll that holiday parties take on our systems.
3. To up our immunity: even the strongest immune systems struggle when germs circulate through close quarters in the winter months. Cryotherapy can help to increase your immunity. Before you head into holiday travel, cold and flu season, arm yourself with an extra dose of immune protection.
4. To boost your mood: darker, shorter days can impact our moods (seasonal affective disorder is a real thing!). A dose of cryotherapy will kick your endorphins into high gear, boosting your mood and helping to beat the winter doldrums.
5. To alleviate aches and pains: between being more sedentary and then hitting the workouts hard during new year’s resolutions or trekking through inclement weather conditions, our bodies are much more susceptible to aches, pains and potential injuries. Cryotherapy can help to recover sore muscles, alleviate stress and strain on the body, as well as to improve conditions such as arthritis and other existing pains.
Still not convinced that cryotherapy is your cold-weather counterpart? Now is your chance to experience it yourself with our Black Friday Freeze Special!
Why wait until the New Year to start feeling good? Book your next Whole Body Cryotherapy session now.