Destination Detox: Full-Spectrum Infrared Saunas
Clean Market is a safe space for you to shed the old and create room for a fresh, new you. Using an infrared sauna will effectively detoxify any physical or energetic stagnation so you can begin to experience health and vitality. Unsure what a session in our full spectrum sauna is like? Don't sweat it, we've got answers to all your burning questions.
So, what is infrared?
Full-spectrum infrared saunas use infrared wavelengths that safely penetrate the skin, muscle, and fatty tissue—which in turn releases built up toxins (chemicals, pathogens, heavy metals and other icky stuff) that are stored deep within your cells. By heating the body’s core at this cellular level, your body is able to flush out the things that are making you feel not so good (muscle tension, pain, stress). “Full-spectrum” refers to near, mid, and far infrared, similar to the sun’s spectrum without UV exposure. For many years Infrared Saunas have been either Far Infrared or Near Infrared. How you used one depended upon your health needs and requirements. Our sauna combines all three spectrums so all your health concerns can be addressed and targeted in only one session. Extra credit: Infrared heat provides all the benefits of natural sunlight without the harmful effects of solar radiation.
This is how it works.
Near infrared waves *penetrate the epidermis layer of the skin* causing perspiration which promotes healthy cell immunity, healing, skin purification, revitalization and pain relief.
Mid infrared waves *penetrate the body’s soft tissue*, increasing circulation and releasing oxygen to every part of the body, mirroring the benefits of a light cardio workout. Mid infrared therapy has been shown to significantly stimulate blood flow with lasting effects.
Far infrared waves *penetrate fat cells* causing vasodilation, which burns fat cells to expel toxins. This creates a deep detoxification while stimulating the metabolism to aid in weight-loss.
So many reasons to love it.
Weight Loss Support
Lowers Blood Pressure
Healthy Cell Immunity
Stimulates Blood Flow
Take your sauna to the next level.
- Drink plenty of water before, during, and after to replenish fluids lost through perspiration.
- Limit food intake one hour before your session. This allows the body to detox more effectively.
- Come with dry, clean skin. Oil and lotion decrease perspiration by blocking pores.
- Toweling off during your session keeps your pores open so your body can perspire more (that’s a good thing for once).
- To relieve sore and tight muscles, give yourself a massage for faster recovery.
- Leave your cell phones, water bottles (both plastic and glass) and remote controls outside of the sauna or in the heat safe box. This prevents items from overheating, melting, or breaking. Paper goods are safe to take inside (bring the book you never get to read).
- Do not touch infrared heat lamps directly.
Get your chromotherapy started.
- Press MANUAL to manually select a color.
- Press AUTO and the chromotherapy light will automatically rotate through all colors.
- Press INTENSITY up or down to control the brightness of the light.
- Press POWER to turn lighting off.
So many reasons to love it.
Chromotherapy, or Color Light Therapy, is a science that uses seven colors of the light spectrum to attune the body and mind to frequencies that heal and harmonize. Natural sunlight is divided into 7 main groups of rays which are absorbed by our bodies. Chromotherapy works on these 7 different energy points to balance the body using the full spectrum of light. We find chromotherapy to be a great addition to our infrared saunas because it helps with boosting energy, revitalization and stimulating the production of collagen (who doesn’t love that?).
- Reduces Swelling
- Relieves Pain
- Decreases Inflammation
- Accelerates Healing
- Speeds Up Recovery
- Reduction of Fine lines, Wrinkles & Age Spots
- Energizes Skin Cells (by stimulating the production of collagen and elastin)
- Brings Balance (through direct application and integration with the chakra system)
- Unlocks Different Energy Systems (allowing energy to pass through easily and heal our emotional system)
Sauna tips and tricks.
- Limit food intake one hour before your session, this allows the body to detox more effectively.
- Try the orange light, known to detoxify the body, provide emotional support and enable a sense of self-reliance. A cheery, delightful color, orange stimulates engagement, independence and social interaction.
Pair with products we love.
HealthForce Vitamineral Green
A nutritionally dense, therapeutic green superfood powder which supports blood sugar, detoxification, the immune system and more.
LivOn Laboratories Lypo-Spheric™ Glutathione
These supplements work to neutralize free-radicals and recycle other antioxidants like Vitamins C and E.
Goop Body Scrub & Dry Brush
Made from pure, natural sisal, exfoliate and sweep away dead skin to reveal glowing and smooth skin.
Clean Market is a modern wellness destination in the heart of NYC. Explore purposeful nutrition at our organic cafe, stock up on effective and clinically tested products at our apothecary market, and utilize innovative services (IV drips, cryotherapy, full-spectrum infrared saunas, and more) to optimize, energize, and transform your life. This is modern wellness for everyone, everyday.